Nov 07 2007
For a truly exciting, spontaneous and liberating experience, hit the road for a road trip with no predetermined destination.
Pack a bag, grab your camera and favorite cd’s or Ipod, pick up your best friend(s) and hit the road to explore new places.
A road trip with no predetermined destination is a great example of that phrase: “It’s not where you’re going but who you’re going with, and how you get there.” Nothing feels better than getting in a car with no plan and just driving. You will learn new things and see new places. You learn amazing things about what is important to you. You learn how to let go. You learn how to be open to newness and strangeness. You learn to trust your instincts. And you will return home with some great stories and a warm little secret feeling about yourself and what you saw.
- Take plenty of different types of symbols for facebook” title=”music symbols for facebook”>music. Everyone needs a soundtrack to their adventure.
- Stop at all the scenic spots along the way.
- Make sure you take a camera and make plenty of photos to document your adventure.
- You don’t need a lot of money. Sleep in your car, make phone calls to friends that live in the area, make friends in the area, or take a tent! Camping is free or very cheap.
- Stop along the way and talk to the locals.
- Get off the highways and take the back roads and detours.
- Pack your sense of adventure, be open to anything and have fun. You have no schedule, you have no obligations, you have no limitations. This is your chance to just wander.
Whether you go for just a weekend or a couple of a weeks, a road trip with no set destination is a fantastic experience which you wont forget. Get out there and start driving!